The Digibar Pro is the most cost-effective means of obtaining accurate water column sound velocities. Used primarily to calibrate acoustic systems, the Digibar Pro offers a fast and safe method for sound velocity calibration as compared to the traditional “bar-check”. Regardless of sea state or current, the probe is simply lowered into the water to log sound velocity / depth samples (by time or depth interval) as the probe descends. The “sing-around” principle of velocity measurement automatically compensates for all influences including pressure, water salinity and temperature.
- Battery operated hand terminal
- Up to 100 m cable (detachable)
- Stainless steel probe, splash-proof hand terminal
- Units in meters or feet
- Velocity profile or average sound velocity
- PC program available with graphing function and real time connection to probe
The rugged all stainless steel Digibar S was designed for un-tethered sound velocity casting. This configuration frees the probe from its electrical cable making deeper sound speed profiling a much easier and more reliable task. With a 500 m maximum depth capability and storage for multiple casts, the “S’s” flexible design still maintains some of the best features of the popular Digibar Pro.
- Rugged, stainless steel construction
- 500 meter maximum depth
- Records sound velocity, temperature, pressure and time
- Simple Windows based interface