With the Trimble MEP layout solution, mechanical, electrical, and plumbing contractors can increase productivity and simplify the layout of sleeves and hangers. With specific language and workflows inherent to trade applications, Trimble MEP maximizes the existing skill sets of field personnel. Featuring the Trimble MEP software on the Trimble Nomad handheld, contractors can connect to a range of Trimble robotic total stations to execute their layout activities.
- 3D laser scan of as-built conditions (Trimble TX5);
- model point cloud data into solid objects (Trimble RealWorks);
- export to detailing software (Trimble QuickPen PipeDesiger3D);
- export to estimating solution for material quantities (Trimble QuickPen AutoBid Mechanical);
- adding hanger points to model;
- export to Total Station for layout of hanger locations (Trimble Field Link for MEP);
- and finally 3D laser scan as-built for handover (Trimble TX5).
Trimble Field Link for MEP, a construction layout solution, utilizes a Trimble robotic total station and the Trimble Tablet running specialized field software that allows MEP contractors to upload their 3D models with hanger point /cable tray attachment locations for precise location and staking on the job site.
Trimble® Field Points is designed for building construction contractors and engineers who need the ability to easily create 2D and 3D field points within their preferred design file. Users are able to quickly and easily auto-insert their field layout points for use with Trimble's best-in-class construction positioning and layout systems Trimble Field Link for Structures and Trimble Field Link for MEP for easy stake-out in the field.
Flexible point creation
Easy field point data import